Saturday, August 12, 2006

Mindless Daddy, Joyous Baby

I was so careless that I didn't remember a very important day.

Yesterday was Daryl's two-month-old birthday!

Being occupied by my work and stricken with sickness yet again, my mind was all over the place and I simply didn't remember this very special day for him. Now talk about a bad father: I didn't buy him any present when he was a month old, and now, I almost forgot this special day had Mommy not reminded me in the morning.

And this blog entry would not have existed had one of Daryl's godmothers not asked me to write it!

Daryl doesn't look like a two-month old baby. If I bring him down on the streets and ask the passers-by how old he looks like, I suspect most of them will say that he looks like five or six months old (and that I am a lunatic).

Looking back, time really flies and I still remember everything when Daryl was born. Mommy's admission to hospital, me waiting outside the ward, more waiting inside the ward, and the entire birth process. It seems like they all happened yesterday.

To me, Daryl's major achievement this month is that he has learned how to smile. When I see him smile, well, all my troubles will really be gone.

2 comments:

Kelvin said...

Happy 2-months birthday little Daryl! Uncle Kelvin's first visit & comment from far far away.. hehehe

Dang... from all the pix, I'll have to say he's one big healthy baby ^_^v

Maximillian said...

Yeah he's one healthy baby indeed. And he's waiting for you and Karen to give him some playmates.

Daryl & Dana

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers