Monday, August 07, 2006

Daryl (in) the Boxer

Experts say that one of the reasons why many guys nowadays don't look or act like a man is that they had suffered traumas in their childhood. And that includes forcing them to wear blouses instead of trousers when they were babies.

We always want Daryl to be a real man, a man of commitment, affection, courage, bravery and manhood (in no particular order). That's why we gave him a new outfit the other day.

A pair of boxers.

Actually it's a pair of cotton boxer shorts (on top of, not underneath his diaper of course). I was told over the phone by Mommy to expect a surprise about Daryl's clothing. When I first saw him, I thought he looked exactly the same as I did, when I was wearing a white T-shirt and blue shorts at the P.E. lessons during my secondary school days a millennium ago.

With the continuous growth of his bones and muscles, Daryl has started to move his arms and legs around frantically these couple of weeks, as if to check whether they are functioning properly. (Question: How can he ask for a refund?) And whenever he moves his arms around, I have to make sure that I don't get too close to him as his left hook and right jab are powerful enough to knock me out cold.

And I also have to make sure that his powerful kicks would not hit me in the groin area, in case he wants to practise Muay Thai.

No comments:

Daryl & Dana

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers