Tuesday, July 25, 2006

One Small Step for Daryl, One Giant Leap for Me

To watch your child growing up every day is the most wonderful thing in the world.

When I go home after work each day, I would find him physically bigger, and look a little different from the time I left home.

One day, I noticed that his eyes were opening more, and becoming bigger and bigger, just like his mother. And the other day, I found that he could finally look straight at my eyes, as he has started to figure out how to control his eye muscles.

The other day, I found that he could make different noises. Not just "Meow", but also different kinds of groaning and yelling which, if you listen carefully, all sound different and can tell you whether he needs milk or whether he wants to be cradled.

And one day, Mommy would place him onto my chest while I was sleeping on the couch. He didn't cry or flinch at all, and enjoyed every moment while on my cushy chest, because he knows who I am, and it's a safe place for him.

I like it a lot, because I love him too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Max,

Work and things have been keeping me extremely busy... has been a while since I wrote you... much wanted to say...

Would like to say congratulations!!! I know this is a huge responsibility but I'm sure
Daryl also brings joy and new meaning to you and your family! :)

Maximillian said...

Thanks Chin-pan, and Daryl indeed has given me a new perspective about life.

Daryl & Dana

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers